How To Benefit From Reflux Guard
When someone goes to a doctor and describes the symptoms related to acid regurgitation, reflux, heartburn, etc. doctors often offer the following advice:
- Change your eating habits
- Lose weight
- Use short term medication
- Use antacids as needed
- Do not lie down for at least two hours after eating
- Raise the head of the bed on cinder blocks 6″ – 8″
Some of these “remedies” can be accomplished overnight; some could take months or even years to show even minor results – all while you are suffering nightly recurrences of agonizing pain, loss of sleep, daytime exhaustion, and ongoing discomfort.
What the makers of REFLUX GUARD© have succeeded in doing, is create something that may solve your problem NOW, without medication, without dieting, without giving up the foods you love. Simply install REFLUX GUARD© under your mattress and enjoy the results.
“Reflux Guard is an Under Mattress Bed Wedge you place on your box spring. You put your mattress on top of the Wedge.”
In essence, Reflux Guard introduces gravity to your system while sleeping. When you lay down horizontally you need gravity to keep acid and stomach content in the stomach. In the event some should escape gravity can bring it back into the stomach.
The American College of Gastroenterology, doctors, and even many drug manufacturers recommend lifting the head of the bed six to eight inches (15 to 20 centimeters). Something as simple as this may prevent most or all of the symptoms – agonizing heartburn, acid regurgitation, painful reflux that disturbs sleep and can cause panic anxiety, insomnia, and more. And yet, most reflux sufferers go years without lifting their bed. Many doctors and organizations recommend changing your sleeping position. (Wikipedia even suggests that “sleeping sitting up” is one way of preventing these symptoms.) Most sources suggest that treatment includes lifestyle modifications, medications and possibly even surgery. These options are costly, life altering risky, time-consuming and may even include invasive and temporary solutions.
“many of these lifestyle changes are prone to backsliding and absolute failure, while a Reflux Guard is waiting to work for you every time you lay down. Let Reflux Guard be your safety net when any other lifestyle changes fail.”
A much simpler, more cost-effective solution is REFLUX GUARD©. Our users report back that within days of using our medically-approved device, usual symptoms are alleviated. Other solutions are not as easy to use, not as comfortable, or introduce other problems such as allergic reactions or discomfort as pillows shift. They are also not as effective as a mattress wedge because when the user bends at the stomach it adds pressure that vitiates some of the wedge’s effect. Some doctors even tell their patients to use cinder blocks or other hard objects. However, this may not achieve the desired angle and may even be dangerous. Most bed frames are not designed to withstand the added pressure of using blocks.
Adjustable ✔ Comfort ✔ Long Lasting ✔ Storable ✔ 10 Year Warranty ✔
REFLUX GUARD© is unique because it:
- Does not slip as easy as pillows do.
- Enables you to sleep in your regular normal position.
- Because it is placed UNDER the mattress, it introduces no new materials or elements that touch the body therefore might cause an allergic reaction.
- Because it is installed UNDER your mattress, you still enjoy the same, full comfort, width, and length of your regular mattress.
- The 60″ length provides additional stability to help the mattress from sliding off.
- The head of the Reflux Guard is 6″. If you need higher the Reflux Guard is adjustable and can be be slide down closer to the foot end of the bed and raise the 6″ to 7″ plus.
- Can be placed in storage or easily taken with you while on travel, with our ‘retention strap’. (sold separately).
Polyurethane Foam – High Quality, Easily washable, soft brushed polyester covers.
REFLUX GUARD© offers relief to symptoms related to:
- Acid Reflux
- Gastroesophogeal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Indigestion
- Barrett’s Esophagus
- Hiatal Hernia
- Post Nasal Drip
- Sinus Congestion that can lead to Headaches
- Sleep Apnea
- Reflux in pregnant women, infants, and children