Different Kinds of Mattress Bed Wedges For Acid Reflux
There are basically two different kinds of wedges:
1. A bed wedge you sleep directly on has limited surface area that needs to be changed periodically.
2. A mattress wedge, which lifts the mattress. You sleep on your mattress and its full surface area.
Which wedge is best and why?
We believe it is the Reflux Guard and here are the reasons:
* Reflux Guard is the most versatile.
* There are many short ones wedges that bend you at the waist. The problem with that is when you are bent at the waist it adds pressure and vitiates the whole idea of adding lift in order to restore some gravity.
* Short wedges can fall off the bed.
* Short wedges are narrow and you can roll off them.
* People who sleep on short wedges can’t sleep comfortably on their side.
* People who sleep on their stomachs can’t use a short wedge.
* A short wedge promotes sleeping on the back only, which tends to cause snoring. According to Dr. Steven Park in his book “Sleep Interrupted” states snoring on its own can suck acid and stomach content out of the stomach into the Esophagus.
* Reflux Guard has a 10-year Warrantee.
* Reflux Guard is light, as light as 7 pounds, easy to install which is conducive to travel with.
Let’s discuss electric beds.
They are expensive.
Most only lift you at the waist which have the following problems;
* People who sleep on an electric bed that only bends at the waist can’t sleep on their side comfortably.
* People who sleep on an electric bed can’t sleep on their stomachs without lowering it.
* Electric beds promote sleeping on the back, which tends to cause snoring. According to Dr. Steven Park in his book “Sleep Interrupted” states snoring on its own can suck acid and stomach content out of the stomach into the Esophagus.